Geofencing is one of the modern and progressive technologies that render fleet management simpler and effective. This innovative feature enables creating a virtual perimeter of your selected geographical area. Possible to be created in different shapes such as a circle, a polygon, or along the stretch of a highway, geofences ensure that businesses that involve fleet management can exercise complete control over their fleet of vehicles as well as the personnel.
The Role of Geofencing in Improvement of Fleet Efficiency
Providing a virtual fence entering into or leaving which your vehicles will trigger an automatic alert, the modern fleet tracking app uses geofencing software effectively. Helpful to varied industries that require their assets to be monitored on a constant basis, this app proves to be a robust tool for managing any type of remote work forces.
Common Uses of the Fleet Tracking App with Geofencing
- Arrival and departure can be tracked: Not just vehicles, entrepreneurs are required to keep tabs on when their employees arrive at a site and when they leave. This is made possible by using geofencing technology.
- Assets can be protected efficiently: Expensive devices and assets are needed to be maintained in today’s business environment, necessitating prompt alert about their movement. Automatic alerts upon sensing the movement of monitored assets ascertains their security.
- Verifying timecards: With GPS tracking software, e-mail or text message about the time one enters or leave can be prompted- facilitating a comprehensive log of events related to your vehicles and staff.
- Driver behavior can be monitored: Timely delivery being the most vital factor in fleet business, you can monitor your drivers – how long they take for each trip, whether they stick to the right route, and whether the vehicle is on course without any deviation.
Exclusive Benefits of Geofencing Software
- Prevention of theft: Providing great insights about the vehicles and drivers, the modern fleet tracking app helps business owners to eliminate theft in any form- be it materials, or fuel.
- Productivity levels can be raised: By pinpointing inefficiencies, geofencing facilitates fleet managers to optimize usage of time, fuel, and employee efforts – this results in increased productivity.
- Monitoring routes effectively: One major factor that improves customer satisfaction, timely delivery, can be achieved by keeping regular track of the routes and directing your vehicles through the most optimal routes.
- Effective communication: With GPS tracking solutions, businesses are not required to rely on manual confirmation about leaving or reaching a location; driver – fleet manager communication is greatly improved by using geofencing
Like what you’re reading?
Get on a free consultative call with our team of industry experts to explore the possibilities on the subject.